• Share Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The part which opens the ground for the reception of the seed, in a machine for sowing seed.
- (v. i.) To have part; to receive a portion; to partake, enjoy, or suffer with others.
- (v.) Especially, the part allotted or belonging to one, of any property or interest owned by a number; a portion among others; an apportioned lot; an allotment; a dividend.
- (v.) A certain quantity; a portion; a part; a division; as, a small share of prudence.
- (v.) Hence, one of a certain number of equal portions into which any property or invested capital is divided; as, a ship owned in ten shares.
- (v. t.) To cut; to shear; to cleave; to divide.
- (n.) The part (usually an iron or steel plate) of a plow which cuts the ground at the bottom of a furrow; a plowshare.
- (v. t.) To partake of, use, or experience, with others; to have a portion of; to take and possess in common; as, to share a shelter with another.
- (v. t.) To part among two or more; to distribute in portions; to divide.
- (v.) The pubes; the sharebone.
• Sharebroker Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A broker who deals in railway or other shares and securities.
• Sharewort Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A composite plant (Aster Tripolium) growing along the seacoast of Europe.