• Sheeted Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Sheet
• Sheet Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) An extensive bed of an eruptive rock intruded between, or overlying, other strata.
- (v. t.) A rope or chain which regulates the angle of adjustment of a sail in relation in relation to the wind; -- usually attached to the lower corner of a sail, or to a yard or a boom.
- (v. t.) A single signature of a book or a pamphlet;
- (v. t.) The space in the forward or the after part of a boat where there are no rowers; as, fore sheets; stern sheets.
- (v. t.) the book itself.
- (v. t.) A broad piece of cloth, usually linen or cotton, used for wrapping the body or for a covering; especially, one used as an article of bedding next to the body.
- (v. t.) To furnish with a sheet or sheets; to wrap in, or cover with, a sheet, or as with a sheet.
- (v. t.) In general, a large, broad piece of anything thin, as paper, cloth, etc.; a broad, thin portion of any substance; an expanded superficies.
- (v. t.) A broad piece of paper, whether folded or unfolded, whether blank or written or printed upon; hence, a letter; a newspaper, etc.
- (v. t.) A sail.
- (v. t.) A broad expanse of water, or the like.
- (v. t.) A broad, thinly expanded portion of metal or other substance; as, a sheet of copper, of glass, or the like; a plate; a leaf.
- (v. t.) To expand, as a sheet.