• Shirking Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Shirk
• Shirk Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To live by shifts and fraud; to shark.
- (n.) One who lives by shifts and tricks; one who avoids the performance of duty or labor.
- (v. i.) To evade an obligation; to avoid the performance of duty, as by running away.
- (v. t.) To procure by petty fraud and trickery; to obtain by mean solicitation.
- (v. t.) To avoid; to escape; to neglect; -- implying unfaithfulness or fraud; as, to shirk duty.