• Shove Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To push along, aside, or away, in a careless or rude manner; to jostle.
- (n.) The act of shoving; a forcible push.
- (v. i.) To move off or along by an act pushing, as with an oar a pole used by one in a boat; sometimes with off.
- () p. p. of Shove.
- (v. t.) To drive along by the direct and continuous application of strength; to push; especially, to push (a body) so as to make it move along the surface of another body; as, to shove a boat on the water; to shove a table across the floor.
- (v. i.) To push or drive forward; to move onward by pushing or jostling.
• Shoved Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Shove
• Shoveler Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A river duck (Spatula clypeata), native of Europe and America. It has a large bill, broadest towards the tip. The male is handsomely variegated with green, blue, brown, black, and white on the body; the head and neck are dark green. Called also broadbill, spoonbill, shovelbill, and maiden duck. The Australian shoveler, or shovel-nosed duck (S. rhynchotis), is a similar species.
- (n.) One who, or that which, shovels.