• Shrewd Definition & Synonyms
- (superl.) Artful; wily; cunning; arch.
- (superl.) Able or clever in practical affairs; sharp in business; astute; sharp-witted; sagacious; keen; as, a shrewd observer; a shrewd design; a shrewd reply.
- (superl.) Inclining to shrew; disposing to curse or scold; hence, vicious; malicious; evil; wicked; mischievous; vexatious; rough; unfair; shrewish.
• Shrew Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Wicked; malicious.
- (a.) To beshrew; to curse.
- (a.) Originally, a brawling, turbulent, vexatious person of either sex, but now restricted in use to females; a brawler; a scold.
- (a.) Any small insectivore of the genus Sorex and several allied genera of the family Sorecidae. In form and color they resemble mice, but they have a longer and more pointed nose. Some of them are the smallest of all mammals.