• Shuffle Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To remove or introduce by artificial confusion.
- (v. i.) To change the relative position of cards in a pack; as, to shuffle and cut.
- (v. t.) To mix by pushing or shoving; to confuse; to throw into disorder; especially, to change the relative positions of, as of the cards in a pack.
- (v. i.) To move in a slovenly, dragging manner; to drag or scrape the feet in walking or dancing.
- (n.) A trick; an artifice; an evasion.
- (v. i.) To use arts or expedients; to make shift.
- (v. t.) To shove one way and the other; to push from one to another; as, to shuffle money from hand to hand.
- (v. i.) To change ones position; to shift ground; to evade questions; to resort to equivocation; to prevaricate.
- (n.) The act of shuffling; a mixing confusedly; a slovenly, dragging motion.
• Shuffler Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who shuffles.
- (n.) Either one of the three common American scaup ducks. See Scaup duck, under Scaup.