• Shy Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Inadequately supplied; short; lacking; as, the team is shy two players.
- (n.) A side throw; a throw; a fling.
- (a.) To start suddenly aside through fright or suspicion; -- said especially of horses.
- (superl.) Reserved; coy; disinclined to familiar approach.
- (v. t.) To throw sidewise with a jerk; to fling; as, to shy a stone; to shy a slipper.
- (superl.) Cautious; wary; suspicious.
- (superl.) Easily frightened; timid; as, a shy bird.
- (n.) A sudden start aside, as by a horse.
• Shyster Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A trickish knave; one who carries on any business, especially legal business, in a mean and dishonest way.
• Shyly Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) In a shy or timid manner; not familiarly; with reserve.