• Silent Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) That which is silent; a time of silence.
- (a.) Free from sound or noise; absolutely still; perfectly quiet.
- (a.) Not pronounced; having no sound; quiescent; as, e is silent in "fable."
- (a.) Keeping at rest; inactive; calm; undisturbed; as, the wind is silent.
- (a.) Having no effect; not operating; inefficient.
- (a.) Not speaking; indisposed to talk; speechless; mute; taciturn; not loquacious; not talkative.
• Silentious Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Habitually silent; taciturn; reticent.