• Sin Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A sin offering; a sacrifice for sin.
- (n.) To depart voluntarily from the path of duty prescribed by God to man; to violate the divine law in any particular, by actual transgression or by the neglect or nonobservance of its injunctions; to violate any known rule of duty; -- often followed by against.
- (n.) To violate human rights, law, or propriety; to commit an offense; to trespass; to transgress.
- (n.) An embodiment of sin; a very wicked person.
- (adv., prep., & conj.) Old form of Since.
- (n.) Transgression of the law of God; disobedience of the divine command; any violation of Gods will, either in purpose or conduct; moral deficiency in the character; iniquity; as, sins of omission and sins of commission.
- (n.) An offense, in general; a violation of propriety; a misdemeanor; as, a sin against good manners.
• Sinamine Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A bitter white crystalline nitrogenous substance, obtained indirectly from oil of mustard and ammonia; -- called also allyl melamine.
• Sinecure Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Any office or position which requires or involves little or no responsibility, labor, or active service.
- (v. t.) To put or place in a sinecure.
- (n.) An ecclesiastical benefice without the care of souls.