• Singeing Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Singe
• Singe Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To remove the hair or down from (a plucked chicken or the like) by passing it over a flame.
- (n.) A burning of the surface; a slight burn.
- (v. t.) To burn slightly or superficially; to burn the surface of; to burn the ends or outside of; as, to singe the hair or the skin.
- (v. t.) To remove the nap of (cloth), by passing it rapidly over a red-hot bar, or over a flame, preliminary to dyeing it.