• Singular Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Each; individual; as, to convey several parcels of land, all and singular.
- (a.) Standing by itself; out of the ordinary course; unusual; uncommon; strange; as, a singular phenomenon.
- (n.) An individual instance; a particular.
- (a.) Being alone; belonging to, or being, that of which there is but one; unique.
- (n.) The singular number, or the number denoting one person or thing; a word in the singular number.
- (a.) Distinguished as existing in a very high degree; rarely equaled; eminent; extraordinary; exceptional; as, a man of singular gravity or attainments.
- (a.) Engaged in by only one on a side; single.
- (a.) Existing by itself; single; individual.
- (a.) Separate or apart from others; single; distinct.
- (a.) Departing from general usage or expectations; odd; whimsical; -- often implying disapproval or consure.
- (a.) Denoting one person or thing; as, the singular number; -- opposed to dual and plural.
• Singularly Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) So as to express one, or the singular number.
- (adv.) Strangely; oddly; as, to behave singularly.
- (adv.) In a singular manner; in a manner, or to a degree, not common to others; extraordinarily; as, to be singularly exact in ones statements; singularly considerate of others.
• Singularist Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who affects singularity.