• Sinister Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Indicative of lurking evil or harm; boding covert danger; as, a sinister countenance.
- (a.) Unlucky; inauspicious; disastrous; injurious; evil; -- the left being usually regarded as the unlucky side; as, sinister influences.
- (a.) On the left hand, or the side of the left hand; left; -- opposed to dexter, or right.
- (a.) Wrong, as springing from indirection or obliquity; perverse; dishonest; corrupt; as, sinister aims.
• Sinister-handed Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Left-handed; hence, unlucky.