• Sip Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To drink or imbibe in small quantities; especially, to take in with the lips in small quantities, as a liquid; as, to sip tea.
- (v. t.) To taste the liquor of; to drink out of.
- (v. t.) To draw into the mouth; to suck up; as, a bee sips nectar from the flowers.
- (n.) The act of sipping; the taking of a liquid with the lips.
- (n.) A small draught taken with the lips; a slight taste.
- (v. i.) To drink a small quantity; to take a fluid with the lips; to take a sip or sips of something.
- (v. i.) See Seep.
• Siphonophora Definition & Synonyms
- (n. pl.) An order of pelagic Hydrozoa including species which form complex free-swimming communities composed of numerous zooids of various kinds, some of which act as floats or as swimming organs, others as feeding or nutritive zooids, and others as reproductive zooids. See Illust. under Physallia, and Porpita.
• Siphonate Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Having a siphon or siphons.
- (a.) Belonging to the Siphonata.