• Sire Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A tittle of respect formerly used in speaking to elders and superiors, but now only in addressing a sovereign.
- (n.) A lord, master, or other person in authority. See Sir.
- (v. t.) To beget; to procreate; -- used of beasts, and especially of stallions.
- (n.) A creator; a maker; an author; an originator.
- (n.) A father; the head of a family; the husband.
- (n.) The male parent of a beast; -- applied especially to horses; as, the horse had a good sire.
• Sired Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Sire
• Siredon Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The larval form of any salamander while it still has external gills; especially, one of those which, like the axolotl (Amblystoma Mexicanum), sometimes lay eggs while in this larval state, but which under more favorable conditions lose their gills and become normal salamanders. See also Axolotl.