• Skimming Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Skim
- (n.) The act of one who skims.
- (n.) That which is skimmed from the surface of a liquid; -- chiefly used in the plural; as, the skimmings of broth.
• Skimmington Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A word employed in the phrase, To ride Skimmington; that is to ride on a horse with a woman, but behind her, facing backward, carrying a distaff, and accompanied by a procession of jeering neighbors making mock music; a cavalcade in ridicule of a henpecked man. The custom was in vogue in parts of England.
• Skimmingly Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) In a skimming manner.