• Skip Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A beehive; a skep.
- (n.) An iron bucket, which slides between guides, for hoisting mineral and rock.
- (n.) A passage from one sound to another by more than a degree at once.
- (v. t.) To cause to skip; as, to skip a stone.
- (n.) A light leap or bound.
- (v. t.) To leap lightly over; as, to skip the rope.
- (n.) The act of passing over an interval from one thing to another; an omission of a part.
- (n.) A basket. See Skep.
- (n.) A charge of sirup in the pans.
- (v. t.) To pass over or by without notice; to omit; to miss; as, to skip a line in reading; to skip a lesson.
- (v. i.) Fig.: To leave matters unnoticed, as in reading, speaking, or writing; to pass by, or overlook, portions of a thing; -- often followed by over.
- (v. i.) To leap lightly; to move in leaps and hounds; -- commonly implying a sportive spirit.
- (n.) A basket on wheels, used in cotton factories.
• Skipjack Definition & Synonyms
Synonyms: Click beetle
- (n.) An elater; a snap bug, or snapping beetle.
- (n.) A name given to several kinds of a fish, as the common bluefish, the alewife, the bonito, the butterfish, the cutlass fish, the jurel, the leather jacket, the runner, the saurel, the saury, the threadfish, etc.
- (n.) An upstart.
- (n.) A shallow sailboat with a rectilinear or V-shaped cross section.
• Skipped Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Skip