• Skull Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A covering for the head; a skullcap.
- (n.) A sort of oar. See Scull.
- (n.) A school, company, or shoal.
- (n.) The head or brain; the seat of intelligence; mind.
- (n.) The skeleton of the head of a vertebrate animal, including the brain case, or cranium, and the bones and cartilages of the face and mouth. See Illusts. of Carnivora, of Facial angles under Facial, and of Skeleton, in Appendix.
• Skullfish Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A whalers name for a whale more than two years old.
• Skullcap Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The Lophiomys.
- (n.) Any plant of the labiate genus Scutellaria, the calyx of whose flower appears, when inverted, like a helmet with the visor raised.
- (n.) A cap which fits the head closely; also, formerly, a headpiece of iron sewed inside of a cap for protection.