• Slander Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Disgrace; reproach; dishonor; opprobrium.
- (v. t.) To defame; to injure by maliciously uttering a false report; to tarnish or impair the reputation of by false tales maliciously told or propagated; to calumniate.
- (n.) A false tale or report maliciously uttered, tending to injure the reputation of another; the malicious utterance of defamatory reports; the dissemination of malicious tales or suggestions to the injury of another.
- (v. t.) To bring discredit or shame upon by ones acts.
- (n.) Formerly, defamation generally, whether oral or written; in modern usage, defamation by words spoken; utterance of false, malicious, and defamatory words, tending to the damage and derogation of another; calumny. See the Note under Defamation.
• Slanderous Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Embodying or containing slander; calumnious; as, slanderous words, speeches, or reports.
- (a.) Given or disposed to slander; uttering slander.