• Slanging Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Slang
• Slang Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Low, vulgar, unauthorized language; a popular but unauthorized word, phrase, or mode of expression; also, the jargon of some particular calling or class in society; low popular cant; as, the slang of the theater, of college, of sailors, etc.
- (n.) Any long, narrow piece of land; a promontory.
- () imp. of Sling. Slung.
- () of Sling
- (v. t.) To address with slang or ribaldry; to insult with vulgar language.
- (n.) A fetter worn on the leg by a convict.