• Slash Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A opening or gap in a forest made by wind, fire, or other destructive agency.
- (v. t.) To lash; to ply the whip to.
- (v. t.) To crack or snap, as a whip.
- (v. t.) To cut by striking violently and at random; to cut in long slits.
- (v. i.) To strike violently and at random, esp. with an edged instrument; to lay about one indiscriminately with blows; to cut hastily and carelessly.
- (n.) Swampy or wet lands overgrown with bushes.
- (n.) A large slit in the material of any garment, made to show the lining through the openings.
- (n.) A long cut; a cut made at random.
• Slash pine Definition & Synonyms
- () A kind of pine tree (Pinus Cubensis) found in Southern Florida and the West Indies; -- so called because it grows in "slashes."