• Sledged Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Sledge
• Sledge Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A strong vehicle with low runners or low wheels; or one without wheels or runners, made of plank slightly turned up at one end, used for transporting loads upon the snow, ice, or bare ground; a sled.
- (n.) A game at cards; -- called also old sledge, and all fours.
- (v. i. & t.) To travel or convey in a sledge or sledges.
- (n.) A hurdle on which, formerly, traitors were drawn to the place of execution.
- (v. t.) A large, heavy hammer, usually wielded with both hands; -- called also sledge hammer.
- (n.) A sleigh.