• Slivered Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Sliver
• Sliver Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To cut or divide into long, thin pieces, or into very small pieces; to cut or rend lengthwise; to slit; as, to sliver wood.
- (n.) A long piece cut ot rent off; a sharp, slender fragment; a splinter.
- (n.) Bait made of pieces of small fish. Cf. Kibblings.
- (n.) A strand, or slender roll, of cotton or other fiber in a loose, untwisted state, produced by a carding machine and ready for the roving or slubbing which preceeds spinning.