• Slough Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The dead mass separating from a foul sore; the dead part which separates from the living tissue in mortification.
- (a.) Slow.
- (n.) A place of deep mud or mire; a hole full of mire.
- (v. i.) To form a slough; to separate in the form of dead matter from the living tissues; -- often used with off, or away; as, a sloughing ulcer; the dead tissues slough off slowly.
- (n.) A wet place; a swale; a side channel or inlet from a river.
- (n.) The skin, commonly the cast-off skin, of a serpent or of some similar animal.
- (v. t.) To cast off; to discard as refuse.
- () imp. of Slee, to slay. Slew.
• Sloughy Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Full of sloughs, miry.
- (a.) Resembling, or of the nature of, a slough, or the dead matter which separates from living flesh.
• Sloughed Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Slough