• Sludge Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Anything resembling mud or slush; as: (a) A muddy or slimy deposit from sweage. (b) Mud from a drill hole in boring. (c) Muddy sediment in a steam boiler. (d) Settling of cottonseed oil, used in making soap, etc. (e) A residuum of crude paraffin-oil distillation.
- (n.) See Slime, 4.
- (n.) Mud; mire; soft mud; slush.
- (n.) Small floating pieces of ice, or masses of saturated snow.
• Sludge acid Definition & Synonyms
- () Impure dark-colored sulphuric acid that has been used in the refining of petroleum.