• Slump Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To undergo a slump, or sudden decline or falling off; as, the stock slumped ten points.
- (n.) A falling or declining, esp. suddenly and markedly; a falling off; as, a slump in trade, in prices, etc.
- (v. i.) To slide or slip on a declivity, so that the motion is perceptible; -- said of masses of earth or rock.
- (n.) The noise made by anything falling into a hole, or into a soft, miry place.
- (v. t.) To lump; to throw into a mess.
- (v. i.) To fall or sink suddenly through or in, when walking on a surface, as on thawing snow or ice, partly frozen ground, a bog, etc., not strong enough to bear the person.
- (n.) A boggy place.
- (n.) The gross amount; the mass; the lump.
• Slumped Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Slump