• Sly Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) Done with, and marked by, artful and dexterous secrecy; subtle; as, a sly trick.
- (adv.) Slyly.
- (v. t.) Light or delicate; slight; thin.
- (v. t.) Dexterous in performing an action, so as to escape notice; nimble; skillful; cautious; shrewd; knowing; -- in a good sense.
- (v. t.) Artfully cunning; secretly mischievous; wily.
• Slype Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A narrow passage between two buildings, as between the transept and chapter house of a monastery.