• Smear Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A fat, oily substance; oinment.
- (n.) Hence, a spot made by, or as by, an unctuous or adhesive substance; a blot or blotch; a daub; a stain.
- (n.) To soil in any way; to contaminate; to pollute; to stain morally; as, to be smeared with infamy.
- (n.) To overspread with anything unctuous, viscous, or adhesive; to daub; as, to smear anything with oil.
• Smear dab Definition & Synonyms
- () The sand fluke (b).
• Smeary Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Tending to smear or soil; adhesive; viscous.