• Smite Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To strike; to inflict a blow upon with the hand, or with any instrument held in the hand, or with a missile thrown by the hand; as, to smite with the fist, with a rod, sword, spear, or stone.
- (v. t.) To put to rout in battle; to overthrow by war.
- (n.) The act of smiting; a blow.
- (v. t.) To cause to strike; to use as an instrument in striking or hurling.
- (v. t.) To blast; to destroy the life or vigor of, as by a stroke or by some visitation.
- (v. t.) To destroy the life of by beating, or by weapons of any kind; to slay by a blow; to kill; as, to smite one with the sword, or with an arrow or other instrument.
- (v. t.) To strike or affect with passion, as love or fear.
- (v. t.) To afflict; to chasten; to punish.
- (v. i.) To strike; to collide; to beat.
• Smiter Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who smites.