• Snake Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Any species of the order Ophidia; an ophidian; a serpent, whether harmless or venomous. See Ophidia, and Serpent.
- (v. t.) To wind round spirally, as a large rope with a smaller, or with cord, the small rope lying in the spaces between the strands of the large one; to worm.
- (v. i.) To crawl like a snake.
- (v. t.) To drag or draw, as a snake from a hole; -- often with out.
• Snakeroot Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Any one of several plants of different genera and species, most of which are (or were formerly) reputed to be efficacious as remedies for the bites of serpents; also, the roots of any of these.
• Snakeweed Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A kind of knotweed (Polygonum Bistorta).
- (n.) The Virginia snakeroot. See Snakeroot.