• Snare Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To catch with a snare; to insnare; to entangle; hence, to bring into unexpected evil, perplexity, or danger.
- (n.) Hence, anything by which one is entangled and brought into trouble.
- (n.) A contrivance, often consisting of a noose of cord, or the like, by which a bird or other animal may be entangled and caught; a trap; a gin.
- (n.) An instrument, consisting usually of a wireloop or noose, for removing tumors, etc., by avulsion.
- (n.) The gut or string stretched across the lower head of a drum.
• Snared Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Snare