• Snarling Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vvb. n.) of Snarl
- () a. & n. from Snarl, v.
• Snarl Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To embarrass; to insnare.
- (v. i.) To speak crossly; to talk in rude, surly terms.
- (v. t.) To form raised work upon the outer surface of (thin metal ware) by the repercussion of a snarling iron upon the inner surface.
- (v. i.) To growl, as an angry or surly dog; to gnarl; to utter grumbling sounds.
- (v. t.) To entangle; to complicate; to involve in knots; as, to snarl a skein of thread.
- (n.) The act of snarling; a growl; a surly or peevish expression; an angry contention.
- (n.) A knot or complication of hair, thread, or the like, difficult to disentangle; entanglement; hence, intricate complication; embarrassing difficulty.