• Sneezing Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Sneeze
- (n.) The act of violently forcing air out through the nasal passages while the cavity of the mouth is shut off from the pharynx by the approximation of the soft palate and the base of the tongue.
• Sneeze Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A sudden and violent ejection of air with an audible sound, chiefly through the nose.
- (v. i.) To emit air, chiefly through the nose, audibly and violently, by a kind of involuntary convulsive force, occasioned by irritation of the inner membrane of the nose.