• Snipe Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To nose (a log) to make it drag or slip easily in skidding.
- (v. i.) To shoot at detached men of an enemys forces at long range, esp. when not in action; -- often with at.
- (v. i.) To shoot or hunt snipe.
- (v. t.) To shoot at (detached men of an enemys force) at long range, esp. when not in action.
- (n.) A fool; a blockhead.
- (n.) Any one of numerous species of limicoline game birds of the family Scolopacidae, having a long, slender, nearly straight beak.
• Snipebill Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A plane for cutting deep grooves in moldings.
- (n.) A bolt by which the body of a cart is fastened to the axle.
• Snipefish Definition & Synonyms
Synonyms: Bellows fish
- (n.) The bellows fish.
- (n.) A long, slender deep-sea fish (Nemichthys scolopaceus) with a slender beak.