• Snowing Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Snow
• Snow Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To fall in or as snow; -- chiefly used impersonally; as, it snows; it snowed yesterday.
- (n.) Fig.: Something white like snow, as the white color (argent) in heraldry; something which falls in, or as in, flakes.
- (v. t.) To scatter like snow; to cover with, or as with, snow.
- (n.) Watery particles congealed into white or transparent crystals or flakes in the air, and falling to the earth, exhibiting a great variety of very beautiful and perfect forms.
- (n.) A square-rigged vessel, differing from a brig only in that she has a trysail mast close abaft the mainmast, on which a large trysail is hoisted.