• Sob Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To sigh with a sudden heaving of the breast, or with a kind of convulsive motion; to sigh with tears, and with a convulsive drawing in of the breath.
- (v. t.) To soak.
- (n.) The act of sobbing; a convulsive sigh, or inspiration of the breath, as in sorrow.
- (n.) Any sorrowful cry or sound.
• Sobranje Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The unicameral national assembly of Bulgaria, elected for a term of five years by universal suffrage of adult males.
• Sober Definition & Synonyms
- (superl.) Not proceeding from, or attended with, passion; calm; as, sober judgment; a man in his sober senses.
- (superl.) Temperate in the use of spirituous liquors; habitually temperate; as, a sober man.
- (superl.) Not mad or insane; not wild, visionary, or heated with passion; exercising cool, dispassionate reason; self-controlled; self-possessed.
- (superl.) Serious or subdued in demeanor, habit, appearance, or color; solemn; grave; sedate.
- (v. t.) To make sober.
- (superl.) Not intoxicated or excited by spirituous liquors; as, the sot may at times be sober.
- (v. i.) To become sober; -- often with down.