• Sod Definition & Synonyms
- () of Seethe
- (n.) The rock dove.
- (n.) That stratum of the surface of the soil which is filled with the roots of grass, or any portion of that surface; turf; sward.
- () imp. of Seethe.
- (v. t.) To cover with sod; to turf.
• So Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) Very; in a high degree; that is, in such a degree as can not well be expressed; as, he is so good; he planned so wisely.
- (adv.) The case being such; therefore; on this account; for this reason; on these terms; -- used both as an adverb and a conjuction.
- (adv.) In that manner or degree; as, indicated (in any way), or as implied, or as supposed to be known.
- (adv.) Is it thus? do you mean what you say? -- with an upward tone; as, do you say he refuses? So?
- (interj.) Be as you are; stand still; stop; that will do; right as you are; -- a word used esp. to cows; also used by sailors.
- (adv.) About the number, time, or quantity specified; thereabouts; more or less; as, I will spend a week or so in the country; I have read only a page or so.
- (adv.) In the same manner; as has been stated or suggested; in this or that condition or state; under these circumstances; in this way; -- with reflex reference to something just asserted or implied; used also with the verb to be, as a predicate.
- (adv.) Well; the fact being as stated; -- used as an expletive; as, so the work is done, is it?
- (adv.) In such manner; to such degree; -- used correlatively with as or that following; as, he was so fortunate as to escape.
- (conj.) Provided that; on condition that; in case that; if.
- (adv.) It is well; let it be as it is, or let it come to pass; -- used to express assent.
- (adv.) In like manner or degree; in the same way; thus; for like reason; whith equal reason; -- used correlatively, following as, to denote comparison or resemblance; sometimes, also, following inasmuch as.
• Sodalite Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A mineral of a white to blue or gray color, occuring commonly in dodecahedrons, also massive. It is a silicate of alumina and soda with some chlorine.
• Sodio- Definition & Synonyms
- () A combining form (also used adjectively) denoting the presence of sodium or one of its compounds.