• Solicit Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To disturb; to disquiet; -- a Latinism rarely used.
- (v. t.) To awake or excite to action; to rouse desire in; to summon; to appeal to; to invite.
- (v. t.) To endeavor to obtain; to seek; to plead for; as, to solicit an office; to solicit a favor.
- (v. t.) To ask from with earnestness; to make petition to; to apply to for obtaining something; as, to solicit person for alms.
- (v. t.) To urge the claims of; to plead; to act as solicitor for or with reference to.
• Solicitant Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who solicits.