• Solicitor Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The law officer of a city, town, department, or government; as, the city solicitor; the solicitor of the treasury.
- (n.) An attorney or advocate; one who represents another in court; -- formerly, in English practice, the professional designation of a person admitted to practice in a court of chancery or equity. See the Note under Attorney.
- (n.) One who solicits.
• Solicitor-general Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The second law officer in the government of Great Britain; also, a similar officer under the United States government, who is associated with the attorney-general; also, the chief law officer of some of the States.