• Solitary Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who lives alone, or in solitude; an anchoret; a hermit; a recluse.
- (a.) Not associated with others of the same kind.
- (a.) Living or being by ones self; having no companion present; being without associates; single; alone; lonely.
- (a.) ot much visited or frequented remote from society; retired; lonely; as, a solitary residence or place.
- (a.) Single; individual; sole; as, a solitary instance of vengeance; a solitary example.
- (a.) Not inhabited or occupied; without signs of inhabitants or occupation; desolate; deserted; silent; still; hence, gloomy; dismal; as, the solitary desert.
- (a.) Performed, passed, or endured alone; as, a solitary journey; a solitary life.