• Sophist Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Hence, an impostor in argument; a captious or fallacious reasoner.
- (n.) One of a class of men who taught eloquence, philosophy, and politics in ancient Greece; especially, one of those who, by their fallacious but plausible reasoning, puzzled inquirers after truth, weakened the faith of the people, and drew upon themselves general hatred and contempt.
• Sophistication Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The act of sophisticating; adulteration; as, the sophistication of drugs.
• Sophistic Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Alt. of Sophistical