• Southed Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of South
• South Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) Toward the south; southward.
- (v. i.) To come to the meridian; to cross the north and south line; -- said chiefly of the moon; as, the moon souths at nine.
- (adv.) From the south; as, the wind blows south.
- (a.) Lying toward the south; situated at the south, or in a southern direction from the point of observation or reckoning; proceeding toward the south, or coming from the south; blowing from the south; southern; as, the south pole.
- (n.) Specifically: That part of the United States which is south of Mason and Dixons line. See under Line.
- (n.) That one of the four cardinal points directly opposite to the north; the region or direction to the right or direction to the right of a person who faces the east.
- (n.) A country, region, or place situated farther to the south than another; the southern section of a country.
- (v. i.) To turn or move toward the south; to veer toward the south.
- (n.) The wind from the south.