• Spading Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Spade
• Spad Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A nail one or two inches long, of iron, brass, tin, or tinner iron, with a hole through the flattened head, used to mark stations in underground surveying.
• Spade Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A hart or stag three years old.
- (n.) One of that suit of cards each of which bears one or more figures resembling a spade.
- (n.) An implement for digging or cutting the ground, consisting usually of an oblong and nearly rectangular blade of iron, with a handle like that of a shovel.
- (v. t.) To dig with a spade; to pare off the sward of, as land, with a spade.
- (n.) A castrated man or beast.
- (n.) A cutting instrument used in flensing a whale.