• Spall Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To break into small pieces, as ore, for the purpose of separating from rock.
- (v. i.) To give off spalls, or wedge-shaped chips; -- said of stone, as when badly set, with the weight thrown too much on the outer surface.
- (n.) A chip or fragment, especially a chip of stone as struck off the block by the hammer, having at least one feather-edge.
- (v. t.) To reduce, as irregular blocks of stone, to an approximately level surface by hammering.
- (n.) The shoulder.