• Special Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Chief in excellence.
- (n.) One appointed for a special service or occasion.
- (a.) Appropriate; designed for a particular purpose, occasion, or person; as, a special act of Parliament or of Congress; a special sermon.
- (a.) Limited in range; confined to a definite field of action, investigation, or discussion; as, a special dictionary of commercial terms; a special branch of study.
- (n.) A particular.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to a species; constituting a species or sort.
- (a.) Particular; peculiar; different from others; extraordinary; uncommon.
• Specialist Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who devotes himself to some specialty; as, a medical specialist, one who devotes himself to diseases of particular parts of the body, as the eye, the ear, the nerves, etc.