• Specked Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Speck
• Speck Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To cause the presence of specks upon or in, especially specks regarded as defects or blemishes; to spot; to speckle; as, paper specked by impurities in the water used in its manufacture.
- (n.) A small etheostomoid fish (Ulocentra stigmaea) common in the Eastern United States.
- (n.) A very small thing; a particle; a mite; as, specks of dust; he has not a speck of money.
- (n.) The blubber of whales or other marine mammals; also, the fat of the hippopotamus.
- (n.) A small discolored place in or on anything, or a small place of a color different from that of the main substance; a spot; a stain; a blemish; as, a speck on paper or loth; specks of decay in fruit.