• Spine Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One of the rigid and undivided fin rays of a fish.
- (n.) The backbone, or spinal column, of an animal; -- so called from the projecting processes upon the vertebrae.
- (n.) A rigid and sharp projection upon any part of an animal.
- (n.) A sharp appendage to any of a plant; a thorn.
- (n.) Anything resembling the spine or backbone; a ridge.
• Spinescence Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The state or quality of being spinescent or spiny; also, a spiny growth or covering, as of certain animals.