• Spiral Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Of or pertaining to a spiral; like a spiral.
- (a.) Anything which has a spiral form, as a spiral shell.
- (a.) A plane curve, not reentrant, described by a point, called the generatrix, moving along a straight line according to a mathematical law, while the line is revolving about a fixed point called the pole. Cf. Helix.
- (a.) Winding or circling round a center or pole and gradually receding from it; as, the spiral curve of a watch spring.
- (a.) Winding round a cylinder or imaginary axis, and at the same time rising or advancing forward; winding like the thread of a screw; helical.
• Spiralozooid Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One of the special defensive zooids of certain hydroids. They have the form of long, slender tentacles, and bear lasso cells.
• Spirally Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) In a spiral form, manner, or direction.