• Spired Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Having a spire; being in the form of a spire; as, a spired steeple.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Spire
• Spire Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To shoot forth, or up in, or as if in, a spire.
- (n.) A slender stalk or blade in vegetation; as, a spire grass or of wheat.
- (n.) A spiral; a curl; a whorl; a twist.
- (n.) A tube or fuse for communicating fire to the chargen in blasting.
- (n.) The top, or uppermost point, of anything; the summit.
- (n.) A tapering body that shoots up or out to a point in a conical or pyramidal form. Specifically (Arch.), the roof of a tower when of a pyramidal form and high in proportion to its width; also, the pyramidal or aspiring termination of a tower which can not be said to have a roof, such as that of Strasburg cathedral; the tapering part of a steeple, or the steeple itself.
- (v. i.) To breathe.
- (n.) The part of a spiral generated in one revolution of the straight line about the pole. See Spiral, n.