• Spited Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Spite
• Spit Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To rain or snow slightly, or with sprinkles.
- (v. i.) To attend to a spit; to use a spit.
- (n.) To thrust a spit through; to fix upon a spit; hence, to thrust through or impale; as, to spit a loin of veal.
- (n.) To spade; to dig.
- (n.) A small point of land running into the sea, or a long, narrow shoal extending from the shore into the sea; as, a spit of sand.
- (n.) To eject; to throw out; to belch.
- (n.) A long, slender, pointed rod, usually of iron, for holding meat while roasting.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Spit
- (n.) To eject from the mouth; to throw out, as saliva or other matter, from the mouth.
- (v. i.) To throw out saliva from the mouth.
- (n.) The secretion formed by the glands of the mouth; spitle; saliva; sputum.
- (n.) The depth to which a spade goes in digging; a spade; a spadeful.
• Spite Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To be angry at; to hate.
- (n.) Ill-will or hatred toward another, accompanied with the disposition to irritate, annoy, or thwart; petty malice; grudge; rancor; despite.
- (n.) Vexation; chargrin; mortification.
- (v. t.) To treat maliciously; to try to injure or thwart.
- (v. t.) To fill with spite; to offend; to vex.