• Splash Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To spatter water, mud, etc., upon; to wet.
- (v. t.) To strike and dash about, as water, mud, etc.; to plash.
- (v. i.) To strike and dash about water, mud, etc.; to dash in such a way as to spatter.
- (n.) A noise made by striking upon or in a liquid.
- (n.) Water, or water and dirt, thrown upon anything, or thrown from a puddle or the like; also, a spot or daub, as of matter which wets or disfigures.
• Splashboard Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A guard in the front part of vehicle, to prevent splashing by a mud or water from the horses heels; -- in the United States commonly called dashboard.